We’re glad you found your way to us. The League of Women in Government (LWG) was created to serve as the umbrella organization to support local and statewide organizations that advance women in local government leadership. We want to move the needle forward on the number of women serving at the most senior and executive levels in ALL areas of local government — administration, public works, police, fire, planning…….you name it! We want to help YOU reach your maximum potential through a support network of information, development opportunities, and forums to help you lead, thrive or get that next big gig!
And the best part? To join us in our efforts is FREE! All we ask of you in return is to pay it forward in some way. Share your ideas, tell us about learning opportunities in your area, write an article for our blog post, help us tweet information, mentor an up and comer, and so on. We need your brain power to grow our network which helps us all! Oh, and one more great thing — the League is an equal opportunity organization — anyone, including men, who is supportive of women leaders in government. We welcome everyone to join us in our efforts to Support, Mentor, Encourage & Educate.
The League of Women in Government is the umbrella organization that supports local and statewide organizations that advance women in local government leadership. Together, we Support, Mentor, Encourage & Educate by:
- Strengthening relationships between women in local government,
- Informing women of leadership and professional development opportunities, and
- Educating officials about the value of gender diversity & gender balance in leadership.
A partial list of our Partners include:
- Alliance Resource Consulting LLC
- Bob Murray & Associates
- Emerging Local Government Leaders (ELGL50)
- Engaging Women in Public Service (NC)
- Governing Institute/Governing Magazine
- GovHR USA
- International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
- The Legacy Project (IL)
- Minnesota Task Force on Women (MN)
- Municipal Management Assistants of Northern California (MMANC)
- Municipal Management Assistants of Southern California (MMASC)
- National Center for Women & Policing
- National Research Center, Inc.
- Plante Moran
- Ralph Andersen & Associates
- Strategic Government Resources
- Women Leaders in Law Enforcement (WLLE – CA)
- Women Leading Government (WLG)-AZ, CA, CO, OH, SC, TX
We’d love to partner with YOUR firm, local or statewide group/association! For more information, contact us at Info@LeagueOfWomenInGovernment.com.